Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Bedroom

I recently moved into a house in Detroit and (mostly) have my room set up. Space was a big issue, but I managed to find some work-arounds. Since my bookshelf ended up being used mainly for office supplies, you'll find I have books in various places all around my room. I have one shelf to put up that will probably be mostly for books, as I still have some without a home.


The bed I built a couple of years ago, and though it takes up a decent amount of space and is extremely heavy to move, I refuse to part with it.

I bought a dresser from Salvation Army for $20 that was wide enough so I could also use it as a stand for my turtle.

Bar doubled as a night-stand.

I used my bookshelf to keep most of my office supplies on since I don't have a desk with storage.

Because I couldn't fit a desk in the room, I just bought a recycled piece of wood from The Architectural Salvage Warehouse of Detroit and mounted it on the wall. The wood and brackets cost $2, the hardware and anchors to mount it properly were about $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment